HPC Application Analyst
NAG are looking to recruit someone to work in High Performance Computing with an emphasis on application performance analysis. This is motivated by our involvement in the EU Centre of Excellence POP but successful applicants would have the opportunity to work on a range of commercial and software development projects as well, as part of NAG's worldwide technical team, based in either our Oxford or Manchester offices.
Although this post would suit somebody with several years’ experience of HPC, we will also consider someone at an early career stage who is seeking to develop their skills in high performance computing. The successful candidate will demonstrate both an aptitude to learn and enthusiasm for working in this area. Training will be provided as required.
The candidate should have the following characteristics and wish to develop their skills further:
- A BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in an applied science;
- Experience programming with at least one of Fortran, C, C++ or Python;
- Experience in parallel programming with at least one of MPI, OpenMP, CUDA or OpenCL;
- Good communication skills (both spoken and written);
- A desire to learn and apply new skills in a commercial environment;
- A willingness to collaborate and contribute to team goals.
The following characteristics are desirable but not essential.
- Experience using application performance analysis tools;
- Knowledge of good practice in software engineering.
- Working directly with users of the POP service to identify ways of improving the performance of their applications;
- Making improvements to user’s code;
- Undertaking software development for NAG products;
- Participating in webinars and training events;
- Contributing to the business development activity of the POP project;
- Producing marketing material and blog posts to promote the POP project;
- Travel within the EU to attend meetings and visit other members of the Consortium;
- Representing NAG and POP at conferences and exhibitions;
- Continuing your personal and skills development.
Culture and Benefits
Remuneration will be commensurate with your experience and skills with opportunity for progression for the right candidate. UK employee benefits. Additionally, you will enjoy:
- 30-day holiday entitlement, with an option to buy/sell up to 5 days per annum
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Medical, Travel, Health and Life insurance
- Instant Reward Programme
We are proud to be one of the founding chapters of Women in HPC and believe that a diverse workforce helps us develop innovative products and services. All our employees have a voice. We encourage curious behaviour and are always open to suggestions on how we can work better. We maintain a staff panel as well as a staff board member. We are a small and friendly team who work in a supportive atmosphere. NAG encourages and supports flexible working.
If you think that you have the attributes we are looking for, please send us your CV/resumé with a covering letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to informally discuss your application, please use the same email address.
We operate a blind recruitment process and all information with the potential to introduce conscious or unconscious bias will be redacted during the shortlisting process.
Applicants should state clearly that they are currently eligible to work in the United Kingdom without obtaining any additional permit or authorisation. All applications must come directly from the candidate: NAG does not deal with agencies.
Closing date: 18th October 2019.
Initial online screening interviews will take place w/c 4th November 2019, with face to face interviews following shortly afterwards.