- NAG HPC Benchmarking Confirms 2nd Gen AMD EPYC Performance Leadership
20 November 2019 – For many years NAG has been internationally recognised as the impartial source of expertise on the technical and business aspects of High Performance Computing (HPC). It is thus no surprise that AMD selected NAG to help evaluate the performance of the new 2nd Gen AMD EPYC™ processor as part of its recent highly successful launch.
- Adrian Tate named as new CEO of the Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG)
27 September 2019 - Adrian Tate, an established leader in the numerical libraries and High Performance Computing (HPC) industries, has today been announced as the next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG), the trusted provider of HPC and numerical computing expertise.
- Latest version of NAG Library brings new mathematical optimization techniques including Second-order Cone Programming
25 July 2019 - NAG announces the latest Mark of its flagship software, the NAG Library. At Mark 27, NAG have introduced new mathematical optimization solvers for Second-order Cone Programming, Derivative-free Optimization and First-order Active-set method.
- Partnership with The University of Manchester to develop new Numerical Linear Algebra for emerging technologies
6 December 2018 - After the success of two previous Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) with The University of Manchester, NAG announces a third project focussing on the development of new numerical linear algebra routines for emerging computer architectures.
- NAG showcases 'CVA at Scale' work and new Algorithmic Differentiation software
27 September 2018 - NAG publish new work in their Technical Poster ‘CVA at Scale with Adjoint Sensitivities’. Alongside this work, for the first time, NAG have introduced a set of Algorithmic Differentiation (AD) enabled algorithms within their flagship NAG Library and announce further updates to dco/c++ - AD software tool for computing sensitivities of C++ codes.
- NAG chosen as first company to be awarded Chapter status by Women-in-HPC in recognition of diversity goals
5 September 2018 - NAG has been recognized as one of the first Chapters in the new Women in High Performance Computing (WHPC) Pilot Program.
- Python developers to access maths and stats algorithms more quickly and seamlessly with re-engineered NAG Library
23 August 2018 - NAG announces the re-engineering of its flagship NAG Library for Python developers at JupyterCon, New York.
- NAG appoints John Elmer to the Board of Directors
7 February 2018 - NAG announces the appointment of John Elmer to the NAG Board of Directors. John brings a wealth of experience in strategic marketing to his position as a non-executive director at NAG.
- NAG provides improvements to gridding algorithm for the Square Kilometre Array Radio Telescope
10 November 2017 - NAG were recently asked by the Scientific Computing Group at the University of Oxford's prestigious e-Research Centre to investigate methods for improving the performance of a convolution gridding algorithm used in radio astronomy.
- New Optimization Routines added to the NAG Optimization Modelling Suite
12 October 2017 - NAG announces additional Optimization solvers in a new release of the NAG Library. NAG continues to focus on their highly popular Optimization Chapter, and with the expansion of their Optimization Team in 2016, users of the NAG Library are seeing exciting new content continue to be developed and released.
- Measuring the Business Impact of High Performance Computing – White Paper Launched for Oil & Gas Focused SEG and EAGE HPC Conferences
20 September 2017 - NAG has published a key white paper offering a rare discussion on the business impact of HPC and how to measure this ahead of two important sector events – the SEG Annual Meeting in Houston and the EAGE HPC Workshop in Athens.
- New NAG Library for Python featuring new Optimization and Nearest Correlation Matrix techniques launched at PyCon 2017
17 May 2017 - NAG has made available the latest version of their NAG Library for Python. The updated numerical algorithm library now features new Optimization techniques and lots of other features, and will be demonstrated at the PyCon 2017 conference in Portland, Oregon this May.
- Latest NAG Numerical Library brings new Optimization Modelling Suite for application developers
20 October 2016 - NAG announces the latest Mark of its flagship software, the NAG Library. At Mark 26, NAG have introduced an Optimization Modelling Suite for linear and nonlinear semidefinite programming and general nonlinear programming as well as a host of other new numerical functionality.