g05ta generates a vector of pseudorandom integers from the discrete binomial distribution with parameters and .
Public Shared Sub g05ta ( _ mode As Integer, _ n As Integer, _ m As Integer, _ p As Double, _ r As Double(), _ g05state As G05..::..G05State, _ x As Integer(), _ <OutAttribute> ByRef ifail As Integer _ )
public: static void g05ta( int mode, int n, int m, double p, array<double>^ r, G05..::..G05State^ g05state, array<int>^ x, [OutAttribute] int% ifail )
- Type: System..::..Int32On entry: a code for selecting the operation to be performed by the method.
Constraint: , , or .
- Set up reference vector only.
- Generate variates using reference vector set up in a prior call to g05ta.
- Set up reference vector and generate variates.
- Generate variates without using the reference vector.
- Type: System..::..Int32On entry: , the number of pseudorandom numbers to be generated.Constraint: .
- Type: System..::..Int32On entry: , the number of trials of the distribution.Constraint: .
- Type: System..::..DoubleOn entry: , the probability of success of the binomial distribution.Constraint: .
- Type: array<System..::..Int32>()An array of size [n]On exit: the pseudorandom numbers from the specified binomial distribution.
g05ta generates integers from a discrete binomial distribution, where the probability of is
where and . This represents the probability of achieving successes in trials when the probability of success at a single trial is .
The variates can be generated with or without using a search table and index. If a search table is used then it is stored with the index in a reference vector and subsequent calls to g05ta with the same parameter values can then use this reference vector to generate further variates.
One of the initialization methods (G05KFF not in this release) (for a repeatable sequence if computed sequentially) or (G05KGF not in this release) (for a non-repeatable sequence) must be called prior to the first call to g05ta.
Kendall M G and Stuart A (1969) The Advanced Theory of Statistics (Volume 1) (3rd Edition) Griffin
Knuth D E (1981) The Art of Computer Programming (Volume 2) (2nd Edition) Addison–Wesley
Errors or warnings detected by the method:
- On entry, , , or .
- On entry, .
- On entry, .
On entry, , or .
- On entry, the r vector was not initialized correctly or has been corrupted.
- On entry, lr is too small when or .
On entry, state vector was not initialized or has been corrupted.