g05th generates a vector of pseudorandom integers from the discrete negative binomial distribution with parameter and probability of success at a trial.
Public Shared Sub g05th ( _ mode As Integer, _ n As Integer, _ m As Integer, _ p As Double, _ r As Double(), _ g05state As G05..::..G05State, _ x As Integer(), _ <OutAttribute> ByRef ifail As Integer _ )
public: static void g05th( int mode, int n, int m, double p, array<double>^ r, G05..::..G05State^ g05state, array<int>^ x, [OutAttribute] int% ifail )
- Type: System..::..Int32On entry: a code for selecting the operation to be performed by the method.
Constraint: , , or .
- Set up reference vector only.
- Generate variates using reference vector set up in a prior call to g05th.
- Set up reference vector and generate variates.
- Generate variates without using the reference vector.
- Type: System..::..Int32On entry: , the number of pseudorandom numbers to be generated.Constraint: .
- Type: System..::..Int32On entry: , the number of failures of the distribution.Constraint: .
- Type: System..::..DoubleOn entry: , the parameter of the negative binomial distribution representing the probability of success at a single trial.Constraint: .
- Type: array<System..::..Int32>()An array of size [n]On exit: the pseudorandom numbers from the specified negative binomial distribution.
g05th generates integers from a discrete negative binomial distribution, where the probability of ( successes before failures) is
The variates can be generated with or without using a search table and index. If a search table is used then it is stored with the index in a reference vector and subsequent calls to g05th with the same parameter value can then use this reference vector to generate further variates.
One of the initialization methods (G05KFF not in this release) (for a repeatable sequence if computed sequentially) or (G05KGF not in this release) (for a non-repeatable sequence) must be called prior to the first call to g05th.
Knuth D E (1981) The Art of Computer Programming (Volume 2) (2nd Edition) Addison–Wesley
Errors or warnings detected by the method:
- On entry, , , or .
- On entry, .
- On entry, .
On entry, , or .
- On entry, the r vector was not initialized correctly, or has been corrupted.
- On entry, lr is too small when or .
On entry, state vector was not initialized or has been corrupted.